- We were delighted to present, once conjoined twins, Hassan and Hussein Benhaffaf, with two custom made handcycles at our 2018 Christmas lunch, ensuring the boys received them in time for Christmas Day.
- Their mother, Angie Benhaffaf, said: “I want to thank The Lord’s Taverners and all their supporters from my heart. Since Hassan & Hussein were 3 years old they asked Santa for a bike & every year we failed to find a suitable one for them due to them having only one leg & half a pelvis.
- It broke my heart every year to see a bike on their Christmas wish list and to every year not find them one as everything had two pedals. So last year the twins stopped asking Santa for a bike. It’s something every child gets and something so simple that we all take for granted.
- So when Lord’s Taverners Ireland appeared with two especially made Hand Cycles, the dreams of my two little boys came true. Their excitement & emotions were overwhelming for us to watch & we had happy tears as we watched them cycling up and down our road.
- The twins’ whole lives have been in hospitals with over 50 surgeries and yet they never let it define them or hold them back. Instead they live every day to the fullest and with a smile and teach us all the truly important values of life.
- Thank you all for making the dreams of two very special little boys a reality- we are all so grateful”